This policy governs undergraduate or graduate students registering for graduate level courses.
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance for students to enroll in graduate level courses.
This policy applies to graduate students enrolled in graduate level courses and programs or for undergraduate students who petition to register for graduate level courses.
Graduate Students: Graduate level courses are for students enrolled in the graduate programs.
Undergraduate Students: Participating undergraduate students must complete the request form to get prior approval from the respective department chairs (undergraduate and graduate) and financial aid advisor on all graduate courses to ensure financial aid eligibility, applicability to and fulfillment of the two degree program requirements.
Undergraduate students must meet the following criteria to petition to register for graduate level courses:
- Completion of a minimum of 106 trimester hours towards a Bachelor's degree.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Any course prerequisites must be satisfied.
- Apply within a two week lead time prior to the start of the trimester.
Undergraduate students may:
- Complete a total of twelve (12) graduate level credit hours but no more than six (6) graduate level credit hours per term
- Take twelve (12) graduate credits that may be applied to the undergraduate level program, however, courses taken for graduate credit may not be used for both the baccalaureate and the graduate degree program
- Not take just graduate courses during any trimester
- Not take more than 16 combined graduate and undergraduate credit hours each trimester
- Enroll in graduate level courses at the graduate tuition rate, plus any additional fees (labs, etc.)
- Register for graduate courses once proper approval has been granted
|Committee||Date Voted||Minutes Code|
|Academic Policies||Wednesday, July 13, 2022||22:49|