This policy is applicable throughout the University.
This policy describes and establishes standards for setting the guidelines for the University awarded diploma.
The objective of these guidelines is to ensure the uniformity of wording, lay-out, and format of AdventHealth University diplomas. As diplomas may be considered legal documents in some settings, uniformity helps to guard against diploma misuse and credential fraud.
These guidelines apply to all diplomas officially conferred by AdventHealth University in degree programs approved by SACSCOC. The Registrar's Office will be responsible for finalizing the wording on the diploma. The diploma:
- Bears the full legal name of the graduate
- Shall identify the appropriate degree designation(s) approved for the major program(s) completed by the student and other such special or professional degree designations as may be approved by the Board
- May identify the major field of study completed by the student
- May identify the emphasis of the major field of study completed by the student or may identify a professional honorary designation approved by the Board
- Shall bear Latin Honors, as appropriate (i.e., Cum Laude; Magna Cum Laude; Summa Cum Laude) at the undergraduate level
- Size is generally 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches for undergraduate diplomas and 11 inches by 14 inches for graduate diplomas
- Shall appropriately reflect the full statutory title of the university
- Shall bear the name, title, and signature of the following, and of no others:
- University President and the Chair of the Board of Trustees
|Committee||Date Voted||Minutes Code|
|President's Council||Monday, February 24, 2020||20:21|