Spring 2020 graduation has been postponed to August 24, 2020. This innovative event will be virtual and synchronous (streamed in real time) with some asynchronous (recorded) components available after the designated day. Students who prefer to walk are invited to do so in the April 2021 commencement ceremony. AHU will provide more information as plans develop.
Graduation is just around the corner and there are only a few more steps you need to complete in order to prepare for this important event.
August 24, 2020
Complete a Graduation Application
Submitting a Graduation Application will enable you to register for your capstone course and provide us with the details we need to mail your diploma. Complete the Graduation Application and fax it to 407.303.9755. A graduation fee of $115.00 dollars will be assessed to your student account upon approval of your graduation application
|Graduation Date||Application Deadline|
Receiving Your Diploma
Diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks after the end of each trimester. To ensure there is no delay in sending your degree, please complete the following steps:
- Check for Holds. Check your student account for holds. All holds except for the alumni hold must be cleared before degrees are conferred and mailed.
- Check Service-Learning Hours. Make sure you have fulfilled the service-learning requirement for your degree.
- Confirm Address. Diplomas are mailed to the address listed on your student account. You may change your address at any time via the Personal Information tab through your MARS portal. If you wish to have your Diploma mailed to a different address, please contact the Office of the Registrar via the MARS messaging board. If you had a name change since you submitted your Graduation application, be sure to update your information by filling out a Name Change form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. All Information must be updated by the day after Graduation.
- Complete Exit Loan Counseling. If you received student loans while attending AdventHealth University, you must complete exit loan counseling on the National Student Loan Data System website at https://studentloans.gov. When selecting a college, make sure to choose AdventHealth University (03115500).
- Acquire Business Office Clearance. Your student account balance must be paid in full before your diploma is mailed to you.
- Check your student email frequently. You are responsible for checking my AHU student email account regarding upcoming graduation announcements.
- Complete the alumni survey. You must complete the alumni survey prior to receiving your diploma. This survey will be emailed to you from the Office of Alumni Services at your personal email on file or your school-issused email account.
- Complete the Proficiency Profile Assessment. The ETS* Proficiency Profile was developed to measure and demonstrate the outcomes of general education programs in order to help institutions improve the quality of instruction and learning. The Proficiency Profile Assessment applies to undergraduate at both the Orlando and Denver Campuses. An email will be sent to your school-issued email account from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness: firstname.lastname@example.org
All graduates must order their regalia online, through Oak Hall There is no charge to order your regalia (includes cap, gown, hood, and tassel). All regalia will be mailed out to On-campus and Online students.
Please be sure to order your regalia before the dates below if you plan to attend the Summer 2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremony.
Last day to order online: August 10, 2020
Click the links below to see how to dress in your regalia:
Frames and Announcements
Graduates and Guest may order Frames & Announcements via online by clicking on the links below.
Graduation Day Schedule
*More information to follow
Graduation Conduct & Protocol
*More information to follow