This policy applies to all AdventHealth University (AHU) students.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the appropriate assignment of an Incomplete grade by a faculty member.
- An Incomplete (I) can be assigned only if the following stipulations are met:
- When the major portion of the work (typically at least 80%) for the course has been completed.
- Student’s work is incomplete because of a major life event out of the student’s control such as illness or unavoidable circumstances including but not limited to a death in the family, a major car accident, hospitalization, or natural disasters or
- Student’s work is incomplete because of an unforeseen academic event such as failure to meet a program requirement or a clinical interruption.
- The student must provide the appropriate documentation to substantiate the request for incomplete.
- Incompletes cannot be assigned because of negligence or inferior performance observed throughout the course.
- Students will be charged an incomplete fee for each incomplete grade issued.
- Access to the course(s) in Canvas will remain open for the length of the incomplete period.
- Students are encouraged to contact their instructor for support, and no later than the end of the course to request an incomplete grade. The Incomplete Grade Agreement Form must be submitted which states:
- The remaining work to be completed.
- A plan with, timelines, for each outstanding assignment will be submitted.
- The due date for the incomplete to be satisfied should be no later than 45 days from the last day of the course. (Example, if the last day of the course is June 23, the incomplete needs to be satisfied no later than August 7.)
- The grade the student will receive if the work is not completed by the agreed upon time.
The instructor determines whether an Incomplete is appropriate and submits the completed Incomplete Grade Agreement Form to the Office of the Registrar with approval from the department chair.
- To change an incomplete, a student must submit all completed work by the established deadline. If required work is not completed by the established deadline, the incomplete will automatically be changed to the grade noted on the Incomplete Grade Agreement Form. Any request for an extension of time beyond the contracted time shall be in writing before the end of the contracted date and approved by the appropriate academic administrator. Incompletes issued for the spring term must be completed by the end of the summer to ensure that the updated grades and hours may be reported to the State so funding may be verified.
- The number of incompletes on a student’s record affects the student’s class standing, financial aid, and could affect the number of credits allowed to take in the following trimester. This is not allowed for consecutive trimesters except in extenuating circumstances.
Learning Management System: A learning management system (LMS) is a software application such as CANVAS for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation, and delivery of educational courses, training programs, materials or learning and development programs.
|Wednesday, July 12, 2023
|Monday, August 14, 2023