This policy applies to all undergraduate AdventHealth University (AHU) students.
To define when and how non-AHU undergraduate students take a course(s) at AHU as transient students and students take a course(s) at other institutions.
This policy is designed to provide guidance for students who take courses at other institutions while enrolled at AHU and students from other institutions who take courses at AHU.
Transient Students from Another Institution
Undergraduate students seeking degrees at another college or university who wish to enroll at AdventHealth University for one trimester are classified as non-degree seeking. In order to register as a transient student, the official transient form(s) from the student’s current institution verifying eligibility must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
Transient students who have not been previously enrolled at AdventHealth University, must submit an AdventHealth University Application with their verification document(s) to the Office of Admissions.
- Registration as a transient student does not imply acceptance to the University or to a degree or certificate program.
- Students should consult with their home institution regarding Financial Aid eligibility for transient courses taken at another institution.
- Transient students are subject to all policies that apply to AdventHealth University students.
- Prerequisite coursework (if required) must be successfully completed before enrolling in the desired course(s).
- Transient students may be asked to submit official transcripts to verify successful completion of prerequisite courses.
AdventHealth University Students Transient at Another Institution
An accepted undergraduate student working towards a degree at AdventHealth University (AHU) may not transfer any course taken at another institution unless transient status is approved.
AdventHealth University undergraduate students wishing to enroll in courses at another institution with transient status must meet the following conditions:
- Have regular academic standing.
- The institution at which the undergraduate student wishes to take the transient course(s) must be regionally accredited.
- Residency requirements for AdventHealth University must still be met. (Refer to the Residency Requirements.)
- Prerequisite coursework must be successfully completed for the desired course.
- Students must not exceed the AdventHealth University-approved course load. (Refer to the Course Load Policy).
Approval of transient status
- Must be in writing.
- Must specify which courses are acceptable and their equivalents at AHU.
- Requires approval from the Department Chair.
- Requires approval from Academic Administration.
- May be issued if the required course(s) cannot be completed at AdventHealth University by graduation.
Transfer of Credit for Transient Courses
- Requires approval of transient status.
- Transferred credit must meet the guidelines under the Transfer of Credit Policy.
- Students may look online at my.ahu.edu, to view transferred courses.
Transient Student: A transient student is an AHU undergraduate student working towards a degree who has been approved to take a course(s) at other institutions and/or a student from other institutions that has been approved to take a course(s) at AHU.
|Committee||Date Voted||Minutes Code|
|Academic Policies||Wednesday, March 16, 2022||22:06|