This policy applies to AHU faculty and adjuncts.
This policy establishes guidelines for changing a course code.
This policy provides direction for course creation, modification, or termination.
Guidelines on changing a course code
- New course added
- Significant change in content of established course (i.e., if a native reader cannot tell it's the same course, it's a substantial change)
- Note: A new course should be created if the changes are substantial enough that a student taking the revised course should receive credit for both old and new versions of the course
- Altering more than 25% of a course's goals, objective, and outcomes
- Change of course level (renumbering from lower-to-upper-or graduate divisions, or changes from upper-to-lower division status)
- Any change in credits or contact hours of established course
- Change of a single course to multiple courses or combining multiple courses into a single course
- Addition or deletion of laboratories or clinicals
- Change in pre-requisites and/or co-requisites
- Required Documents
- Complete syllabus (if significant change in content of established course
- any additional paperwork required by Curriculum Committee
Approval is required from the following:
- Academic Department - (chair or other designated approver)
- Office of the Registrar
- Curriculum Committee
- Academic Policies Committee
Additionally, a final verification to ensure all changes are properly executed is implemented with the Catalog and the University will be notified of course changes.
|Academic Policies||Wednesday, June 8, 2022|